Sea Salt Scrub—a Body Glow From Head to Toe
This treatment* smoothes and polishes the skin, increases circulation, and invigorates your entire body.
What You Will Need
Note: This is a great treatment to do before applying self-tanner to slough off any dry skin cells. Do not shave prior to doing this treatment.
- Step into the shower. Using very warm water, wash your entire body with the shower gel. Rinse your hair, and tie it up out of the way.
- Now that you are clean from head to toe, it’s time to scrub. Turn off the water. Open up your scrub jar. Swirl the oil and salt together using your fingers, then scoop out a small handful into your right hand.
- Start with your left wrist, and in a gentle, circular motion, rub the salt scrub up your left arm to your shoulder and across your chest. Now, scoop scrub into your left hand and do the same to your right arm. Then scoop more scrub into your right hand. Rub both hands together to evenly distribute the scrub, and in a gentle, circular motion, rub the salt scrub on your stomach, reaching around your ribs to your middle and lower back.
- Now, it’s time for your legs. You may want to prop one leg up on the side of the bathtub to make this easier. Scoop out some of the scrub into your right hand, and reach across to your left ankle. Massage and scrub your lower leg, and then do your thighs, paying special attention to the back of your thighs and your behind. These areas of the body, which are prone to cellulite, benefit from extra circulation, so pay special attention to them. Scoop some of the scrub into your left hand and repeat the treatment on your right leg.
- Use any remaining scrub to exfoliate your feet. Be careful: The oils in the scrub can make your shower floor very slippery.
- Rinse off with warm water for a few minutes. Do not rush—instead, take a few long, deep breaths, inhaling the pure essences surrounding you. The warm water will open your pores, allowing the essential oils to penetrate your skin.
- Exit the shower, and pat your body dry with the towel. Now is the perfect time to put on a plush bathrobe, sip a glass of iced spa water, light your soy candle, and relax in your own quiet area. You may even want to take a nap to rejuvenate yourself.
*This treatment is provided by Bath Petals products.
For more information on cruelty-free living, please go here.