Listen Up, Brookstone!

Written by PETA | September 18, 2009

This week, we received a tip that Brookstone’s district managers and vice presidents were gathering in the Manchester, New Hampshire, area, where their headquarters is based, for corporate meetings and store visits.

While they were going over new store layouts and new bonus packages for selling killing as many frogs as possible, our larger-than-life “frog” was following them wherever they went. Our frog wanted to remind them of the one thing that Brookstone executives have clearly left out of their training manuals: compassion.

We stood outside their headquarters …
Brookstone
We followed them on their tour of New Hampshire Brookstone stores …
Brookstone

We even followed them to the restaurant where they ate dinner!

We’re not going to let Brookstone forget about the thousands of frogs who are dying on their store shelves, while shipped across the country, and in the homes of people who do not have the ability to care for them. Until Brookstone ends the sale of Frog-O-Spheres at its stores nationwide, it can consider our “frog” its permanent shadow.

Written by Liz Graffeo

Comments

• Maureen Fitzpatrick says:

Don’t worry about Brookstone . . . because of their lowsy customer service they won’t be in business for long. Not only do they kill innocent animals but they don’t care about their customers as well. What goes around comes around . . . the Brooksotne stock is also not doing well. I guess they have tickedoff too many customers! Go figure!!!

• lashandra says:

Brookstone is horrible! First they kill frogs unmercifully and then they discriminate against an employee and FIRE him for being haraased by another employee and her deviant beliefs. We all need to join and force Brookstone to be compassionate to both our animal brothers and to those people who care to have morals and stand for them!

• psychokitty says:

does anyone else notice that they look exactlly like the beta fish bowls ? wich is another thing that pisses me off i was in petsmart the other day and the had all thes betas stacked up on each other like friggen cans at a grocery store how are they getting any air???

• Carole Edmonds says:

I am listening to the tree frogs croaking outside in our woods as I am here at my computer. I have always loved and been fascinated by frogs sinced I was a little girl. I couldn’t resist catching them as a child but I never harmed them and always safely released them. It sickens me to think how callously Brookstone can treat another one of God’s wonderful creatures.

• roxanen says:

I hate Brookstone now!

• Brandon Becker says:

Frogs value their lives just as we value ours. They should live in freedom among their own kind in nature not sold as chattel property by Brookstone. Speak out for frogs!

• Manon says:

So good that you care! When I left the Brookstone store horrified I thought of reporting being a foreigner I had no idea that you were already doing your best! Way to go!!

• Stacy says:

I saw these poor frogs in a Brookstone in the mall nearby. I was astonished to even learn that they were selling these poor frogs. I wish I could’ve bought all of them and set them free.

• WW says:

I rarely agree with PETA but you’re right about the frogs. The chances of more than 1 of these frogs living out a year are slim to none. The other 99 will die a miserable death of ammonia burns starvation infection or some combination. To the world at large If you really want an aquatic frog the same frogs and much more suitable housing and food are available at pet shops if you really want something decorative and aquatic to sit on your desk go to ThinkGeek and search for “electric jellyfish” cute colorful and plastic.

• Jay says:

Thank you so much for doing this. I happened to walk by Brookstone a couple of weeks ago at a mall. I had not heard about these FrogOSpheres and I was horrified by it when I saw the unfortunate lives these frogs are left to live. It is truly amazing how insensitive people are to the needs of these frogs the same goes for fish in tanks. If these frogs were given a choice it is impossible to convince me that they would wish to be confined for their life.

• Sandra Newell says:

Keep up the good work! I only wish I could be there with you.

• Shari says:

How cute! What is PETA’s frog’s name? I am so glad you care about these frogs. What a awful way to die.

• Megean says:

way to go. i think its horrible that they are doing this to the poor frogs! i wish someone could put them in a little bowl and sit them on a shelf. its sicking!!!!