Kisses & Hisses to Animal Friends & Foes
We’re spitting mad at people who have been lashing out at animals, but we’ve saved up some wet, sloppy puppy-dog kisses for those whose compassion is the cat’s pajamas.
|Chadh | cc by 2.0|
- Kisses to Canadian national pet store chain PJ’s Pets, which has stopped selling puppies and started promoting adoption. Are you listening, Petland?
- Hisses to Scripps Research Institute for torturing rats for almost 40 years to develop a vaccine for heroin. Apparently, these experimenters just couldn’t say “No.”
- Hisses to MMA fighter Brock Lesnar for going on a prairie-dog killing spree. Hey, Brock, why don’t you stick with picking on someone your own size?
- Kisses to the Iowa State Fair for including a vegetarian booth, the Veggie Table, in this year’s festivities. Yes, they really do have veggie corn dogs on a stick.
- Hisses to South Korean scientists for genetically modifying a dog to glow in the dark, giving new meaning to the term “barking mad.”
- Kisses to Food Network for helping to keep sharks in the ocean waves by taking shark meat off the airwaves.
- Hisses to students at New York’s Cooper Union High School for using electric currents to make roaches “dance.” Why not stick with iPods and leave the arthropods alone?
- Hisses to actor Andrew McCarthy for participating in a bull run. Taunting and harassing bulls isn’t pretty, no matter how you color it.
For up-to-the-minute info on what PETA is doing, follow us on Twitter.
Written by Michelle Sherrow
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.