What to Do When You See a Dog in a Hot Car (VIDEO)
The next time you see a dog trapped in a hot car, you’ll know exactly what to do.
1. Note the car’s color, make, and model, and write down the license plate number or take a picture of it.
2. If there’s time, go into the nearest building and find a manager. Remember: It only takes minutes for a dog to suffer brain damage when the weather is hot. Time is of the essence!
3. Politely ask the manager to page the owner of the car.
4. Go back outside and wait by the car. (Don’t leave until the dog is safe!)
5. When the owner appears, share some facts.
6. If the owner doesn’t show up or doesn’t do anything, call animal control.
7. If animal control can’t come immediately, call 911.
8. And don’t forget to carry PETA literature.
And remember, if all else fails, do what’s necessary to save the animal’s life.
If you think leaving a dog in a hot car is just plain ridiculous, share this important video on Facebook now!
And to get your free “Hot Cars Kill” posters and “Too Hot for Spot” leaflets, fill out the form below.
All fields in bold are mandatory.