Spork Foods’ Niçoise Salad DressingPrint
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (Cabernet preferred)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, stemmed and chopped
- 3-5 sprigs fresh oregano, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 2 tsp. mustard (stone ground or German)
- 2 Tbsp. brown rice syrup
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground black pepper
- In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth and creamy.
Makes one cup
This dressing goes with this Niçoise salad recipe.
Adapted from Spork-Fed
Los Angeles-based Spork Foods is a gourmet vegan food company owned and operated by sisters Heather Bell and Jenny Engel. They offer vegan organic cooking classes, chef training, recipe development, and private chef work in Los Angeles and worldwide. Their cookbook, Spork-Fed, with a foreword by fellow fans Emily and Zooey Deschanel, is currently in stores. They teach all over the country and the world, reaching over 10,000 people a year.