Hearty Sweet and Spicy ChiliPrint
- 2 Tbsp. high heat oil, such as safflower
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 3-oz. can crushed green chilies
- 2 cups vegan beef crumbles
- 1 15.5 oz can pinto beans
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 14.5-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 14.5-oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Vegan cheese shreds (optional)
- Soy sour cream (optional)
- Sliced green onions or chives (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the onion, garlic, and green chilies and sauté until fragrant.
- Add the vegan beef crumbles and soy sauce and heat until cooked through.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, cumin, chili powder, pumpkin pie spice, and pepper. Stir until well-combined.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring
- Serve with garnishes of vegan cheese, soy sour cream, and green onions.
Makes 6 to 8 servings