Looking for some quick and fun ways to help support our vital work for animals? Why not start fundraising for PETA! The following are some great ideas for getting the most from your own fundraising efforts:
- Create your own fundraising page and fight cruelty to animals with the help of your friends through e-mail and via social-networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter!
- Celebrate your birthday, wedding, graduation, or other special day by helping animals through PETA Fundraise for Animals. Ask your loved ones to donate to your fundraising page in lieu of (or in addition to) gifts.
- Give up something. Ask people to give up their morning soy latte or to pack a sack lunch for a week and donate the money that they save to your fundraising page!
- Participate in a race, triathlon, walk, or other sporting event—or join the PETA Pack team and run for animals!
- Organize a vegan bake sale, a lemonade stand, a garage sale, or a car wash, and donate the proceeds to PETA.
- Host a fundraising party. Throw a dinner party, potluck, movie night, or vegan food-tasting event (e.g., a soy milk and cookie tasting, a mock-meat tasting, or a vegan-cheese tasting). Ask people to give a minimum dollar amount to attend, and donate the proceeds!
- Organize a shopping party fundraiser. Ask a local store, vegan-friendly restaurant, or other business to donate a portion of its proceeds to PETA on the day of your event.
- Hold a cell phone, electronics, or clothing drive. Then hold a garage sale or sell the donated items on the eBay for Charity website, which makes it easy to donate the proceeds to PETA.
- Use your imagination! Place donation cans in stores or do something seasonal such as Christmas caroling for donations or selling heart-shaped vegan cookies on Valentine’s Day … the possibilities are endless!
For more fundraising ideas or to get help planning your own event, please contact PETA at 510-763-7407 or [email protected].