How fun that this year Halloween falls on an Internet Soup Friday! Yes it’s cheesy, but I so love the little last-day-of-school rush that I get on I.S. Fridays. It’s like you’ve already turned in all your homework and extra credit, so while you’re waiting for the bell to ring, you just go online (or, in my day, rummage through the teacher’s desk) and look for weird and fun stuff. So at the end of an action-packed week of filing, here is our offering of oddities.
- Lucky New Yorkers! Catch the 6 Train and scuttle on down to Bleeker Street to catch the latest ingenious exhibit by my favorite street artist Banksy. (OK, I’m not hip enough to know of more than one graffiti artist, but I certainly adore this one!)
- Poultrygeist, the quintessential tacky vegan cult flick, is out on DVD.
- Animal friends are gettin’ in on the Halloween action. (Or silly humans are just anthropomorphizing. Still cute, though.)
- Hey, dolphins in Malibu basically have the right to vote, so I’m not sure why this is so crazy.
- Oh! The most precious thing I’ve seen all week!
- Here are some photos of people who you don’t know in Shandong, China, signing a petition against fur. Represent, y’all!
- And since we’re all in the Halloween spirit, MSN did the world a favor and ranked Mars candy as some of the worst around. We couldn’t agree more, because Mars Inc., ya know, tortures animals!
So that’s the lot! We sure hope you’ve enjoyed these tidbits while avoiding real work. I’m off to put in my vegan wax fangs and witch hat. Tune in next time, and please feel free to let us know if you come across any cute or strange happenings that you’d like us to include.
Written by Missy Lane