Animals find new ways to astonish us every day. Wouldn’t it be great if we returned the favor by astonishing them with our compassion?
|Repoort /cc by 2.0|
- Dolphins and researchers have learned to speak each other’s language. Can a Rosetta Stone course be far behind?
- Perhaps those dolphins can help us translate a Compassionate Action Award into dolphinese for this pup-friendly pod who rescued a dog.
- A courageous canine has proved that true friends are there when you need them most.
- A goose has found her lovebird in a retiree who visits the park where she lives.
- The Daily Mail answers the question, can dogs (and cats and elephants) die of a broken heart?
- Gorillas have been caught on film having a family meeting. Maybe over who ate the last banana?
- Chimpanzees laugh at their friends’ jokes, even when they aren’t funny.
- Macaques question their own reasoning. A lesson in there for humans, perhaps?
- U.K. scientists have discovered that “sheepish” really means “brainy.”
Written by Michelle Sherrow