Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
1 cup vegan margarine
1 cup sugar
Egg Replacer equivalent to 1 egg
1 cup molasses
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
5 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp. ginger
1 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
- In a large bowl, cream the vegan margarine and the sugar. Mix in the egg replacer, molasses, and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Remove from the refrigerator and roll out on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until the edges brown. Cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet and remove to a wire rack.