3/4 cup light brown sugar
Egg replacer equivalent of 2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup melted margarine
2 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 cup chopped strawberries (fresh or frozen)
• Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a muffin pan or line with paper liners.
• In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla, and bananas. Add the margarine.
• In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Gently fold in the berries, coating well with the flour mixture.
• Add to the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
• Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full.* Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Makes 1 dozen
*Note: If you like a sweeter muffin, sprinkle extra brown sugar on top before baking.