1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. vegan breakfast sausage
2 large Red Delicious apples, cored
5 celery stalks with leaves
3 large carrots
1 can onion soup
2 large white onions
2 garlic cloves
2 large green peppers
1 large or 2 small bunches parsley
1-2 cans mushroom pieces (optional)
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. poultry-seasoning herbs
1/4 tsp. turmeric
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. marjoram
1/2-1 tsp. curry powder
Dash of sugar
1 bag bread dressing (try Mrs. Cubbinson’s brand)
Crumbled soda crackers
• In a medium pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Fry the vegan sausage until browned on both sides. Cut in half and place on paper towels to drain.
• In a food processor, blend the apples, celery, carrots, onion soup, onions, garlic, green peppers, and parsley.
• Heat an extra-large oven-safe frying pan or wok over medium heat. Sauté the vegan sausage, vegetable-apple mixture, the mushrooms, and the seasonings for 20 minutes.
• Add the bread dressing and mix well.
• Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
• Adjust the seasonings and add the crumbled soda crackers if the mixture is too moist.
Makes 8 to 10 servings