For the Garlic Vinaigrette:
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
9 oz. fusilli pasta
2 bell peppers (red and yellow)
1/2 cup nondairy Parmesan cheese shavings
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts, optional
• Mix all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and let stand for 30 minutes.
• Cook the fusilli al dente. Drain the pasta then cool immediately under cold water. Drain well and set aside.
• To roast the peppers, place in a hot oven, turning occasionally, until evenly blistered and charred on all sides. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Slide the skin off and scrape out the stem, seeds, and ribs. Pat the flesh dry. Cut into thin strips.
• Mix the pasta, peppers, and “cheese” together. Whisk the vinaigrette thoroughly and toss into the salad. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
• Cover and let stand for 3 to 4 hours. Serve at room temperature, sprinkled with pine nuts if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Commenting is closed.
In This Section
Anita Krajnc | Toronto Pig Save