Game-Day Potato Skins
1 cup vegetable oil
8 oz. shredded vegan cheddar cheese (try Follow Your Heart brand)
1/8 cup soy bacon bits (try Bac-Os)
4 Tbsp. thinly sliced scallions
Soy sour cream (optional)
• Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
• Pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high until soft, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
• Remove from the microwave and cut in half vertically. Scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
• Heat the oil to 365°F in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Fry the potato shells for 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
• Fill the potato shells with the “cheese” and soy bacon bits. Arrange on the prepared baking pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the “cheese” has melted.
• Top with the sliced scallions and the soy sour cream, if desired.
Makes 6 servings