Game-Day Potato Skins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and microwave on high until soft, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and cut in half vertically. Scoop out the inside, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell.
- Heat the oil to 365°F in a deep fryer or a deep saucepan. Fry the potato shells for 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Fill the potato shells with the "cheese" and vegan bacon bits. Arrange on the prepared baking pan and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the "cheese" has melted.
- Top with the sliced scallions and the vegan sour cream, if desired.