Fettuccine With Vegan Tomato Artichoke Alfredo
3 lbs. artichoke hearts, quartered
1 lb. large ripe olives, pitted
1 lb. fresh tomatoes, diced (1/2” sq.)
2 cups fresh basil, chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp. minced fresh garlic
1 large white onion, diced (1/2” sq.)
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. white pepper
3 qts. soy milk
3 lbs. 8 oz. fettuccine
2 gals. water
• Combine the first 4 ingredients and set aside.
• Heat the olive oil in a heavy-gauge pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the flour and salt and pepper and stir for 5 more minutes.
• Add the soy milk, stirring constantly, and heat to a simmer.
• Simmer for 10 minutes.
• Bring the water to a rolling boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until tender yet firm.
• Ladle 6 oz. of sauce over the hot fettuccine. Serve immediately.
Makes 24 servings