Creamy Lima Bean Soup
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup water
2 cups frozen lima beans
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. sliced chives
• In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and cook until soft.
• Add the broth, water, and lima beans and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
• Pour the mixture into a food processor or blender and purée the soup. Add additional water for a thinner consistency.
• Return the soup to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and heat over moderate heat until hot.
• Garnish with the chives and serve.
Makes 2 to 3 servings