4 cups 100% wheat bran
2 1/2 cups soy milk
1/2 cup firm silken tofu
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted (try Earth Balance brand)
2 cups flour
4 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup raisins
1 cup chopped walnuts
• Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an extra-large muffin tin.
• In a large bowl, combine the wheat bran and soy milk. Let soak for 5 minutes.
• Using a blender, beat the tofu until smooth. Add the brown sugar and beat until incorporated. Add the maple syrup and margarine.
• In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
• Mix the tofu mixture into the bran. Stir in the flour mixture until just blended.
• Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
• Spoon into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
Makes 8 servings