Bobbi’s Blissful Chocolate-Rum Pie
2 Tbsp. dairy-free margarine, melted
4 oz. (4 squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
2 cups flaked coconut
2 12.3-oz pkgs. (3 cups) firm silken tofu
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 1/2 tsp. rum extract
Toasted flaked coconut for garnish (optional)
• Line a 9-inch plate with foil.
• Stir together the margarine, baking chocolate, and coconut. Press the coconut mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Chill until firm, at least 1 hour.
• Remove the coconut crust from the pie plate, carefully peel off the foil, then return to the pie plate.
• In a blender, purée the tofu until smooth. Add the chocolate chips, sugar, and rum extract, and continue to blend until smooth.
• Pour the tofu mixture into the coconut crust and chill for at least 2 hours. Before serving, garnish the pie with a little toasted coconut, if desired.
Makes 16 servings