Loaded Nachos With Cashew Cheese
There is something magical about a huge plate of nachos, don’t you think? Pile on your favorite toppings, fire up the oven, and indulge in this tasty treat that’s perfect as a late-night snack or weekend meal or during halftime while watching the big game. Enjoy!
1 bag tortilla chips
12 oz. black beans
12 oz. corn
1/2 cup diced white onion
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup black olives, sliced
1 medium jalapeño, sliced
1 1/4 cups cashew cheese
1/2 cup guacamole or freshly sliced avocado
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Spread the tortilla chips evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Top the tortilla chips with the black beans, corn, onion, tomato, cilantro, olives, and cashew cheese and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the guacamole or avocado and squeeze some lime juice over the top.
1 1/2 cups raw cashews
Cold water sufficient to cover the cashews by 2 inches
1/3 cup water
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl. Add the cold water and let soak for 2 hours. Drain.
- Combine the cashews, 1/3 cup of water, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor and blend, scraping down the sides occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until very smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 day and up to 2 days. Refrigerate until ready to use or for up to 5 days.
Makes 1 1/4 cups