Decorate Cake, Not Eggs!
The following article was written by Ashley Palmer.
Start a new tradition by leaving the eggs out of your Easter celebration this year. After all, what do eggs have to do with Easter anyway? Getting them is no fun for chickens, and they often end up rotting in the yard after the kids can’t find them. Yuck! So if you’re looking for something fun for the family to do together, try making and decorating cake pops!
But if you can’t swing by Jam’s, don’t worry because half the fun is in trying to make them yourself. Making cake pops is easy, and you’ll love decorating them for Easter. By the time you’re through, I guarantee you’ll be looking for you next excuse reason to make them! 😉
Vegan Cake Pops
1 vegan cake, already baked and cooled
8 oz. vegan frosting
16 oz. vegan chocolate chips
Sprinkles, candy, and other fun decorating treats
Small Styrofoam block
- Crumble the cake and mix in the frosting. Stir together to create a doughy consistency.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, and lay out on parchment paper. Let sit until they become firm.
- Insert lollipop sticks into balls.
- Melt your chocolate chips in the microwave. Carefully dip your cake balls into the chocolate and allow them to coat.
- Put the lollipop stick end into the Styrofoam to all the coating to dry.
*Serving size varies depending on size of the cake pops.