‘Win It’ Wednesday: Calico Dragon Tote

Written by PETA | January 5, 2011

If you’ve ever wished that you could make strangers think about animal rights issues without uttering a word, you’ll want to own this super-stylish “whips and chains” tote by Calico Dragon Bags

Want a chance to bag this tote? Tell us what cruelty-free message you’d like to have emblazoned on a bag by leaving a comment below.

The person whose entry bowls over our judges will win the prize. The contest ends on January 19, 2011, and one winner will be chosen on January 21, 2011. Be sure to read our privacy policy and terms and conditions, as you’re agreeing to both by commenting.

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.

Good luck!

Written by Karin Bennett

Comments

• Cassandra says:

Fur Coats belong on animals not on humans. Wear your own skin.

• terilesage says:

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” –Mahatma Gandhi

• Vikki Hutto says:

I’d really like a bag that says something like, “How can you call yourself an environmentalist if you still eat meat?”

• Ayelet says:

Saw some great ones in already posted comments… My submission is Ghandi’s quote: “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” It’s not “snappy,” but it is so profound, it’s one of my all-time favorite quotes. I don’t have any suggestions for images, but I think people would see cute bags, read this quote, and I think it would really make them stop and think. <3 Love the bag :)

• kelly says:

If we were meant to eat meat, here’s my arm if you’re hungry.

• Vikki Camp says:

Cruelty is one fashion statement I can do without!

• Rach says:

“don’t ask me why I am a vegetarian, ask yourself why you are not”

• Lizzie says:

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

• Jacqueline Cairelli says:

I would like to see ‘Make the connection….’ on shopping bags – I feel that many people just don’t think about our animals as ‘shopping items’ that was my problem. I couldn’t ‘see’ the animals in my shopping lists… From food; clothes; make-up; furniture….. I cried for days when it finally hit me… X

• Chelsey W says:

MEAT IS MURDER

• Tammy says:

Q. What do hunters leave behind? A. Orphans. Theres more to hunting than just killing.

• Samm says:

This bag already has my favorite saying on it! But if i had to choose another it would be “instead of killing 2 birds with one stone, shoot 2 hunters with one bullet” or “an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind”

• Emily Hope says:

A picture of a dog on a chain with the quote “all you need is love”

• Crystillana says:

Breedism is murder, and your the life support. Adopt an animal from your local shelter today!

• Emily says:

Did you know your burger had a face? Think about it. Go veg.

• Kirsty says:

Whips and chains belong in the bedroom not at the circus of course!

• Kelli Hendrickson says:

Here is my message! Tigers,Elephants, and Bears say “Oh my” to the circus. Why shouldn’t you?

• Lucy says:

Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals and they answer: “Because animals are like us.” Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals and they answer: “Because animals are not like us.” (Charles R. Magel)

• alexxanderh says:

My best friend rescued me. (Picture of a shelter dog)

• Amy Huller says:

You love your mom….. You love your children… So do animals. And they don’t know why you chose to eat their family.

• Mel says:

The greatness of a nation & it’s morale progress can be judged by how it’s animals are treated.

• veggiejess says:

“empathy not apathy-shall we abuse and slaughter you so you know how it feels? Didn’t think so.” People are so selfish and unfeeling. Maybe this would make them step back and consider that animals are just as emotional as humans!

• MeganKC says:

A kind mind is the only way to live in peace around the world. Veganism is the first way to start

• StaceyS says:

Animals Have Feelings Too!

• Serena Vann says:

Would you treat your human friends like some people treat animals?

• TracySwingKid says:

I think of “Dexter” when I say this in my head but here goes anyway. “The killing stops here.”

• Kimberlee says:

“The wild, cruel animal is not behind the bars of a cage. He is in front of it.” Axel Munthe, A Swedish writer Animal abuse is completely underestimated. Ignorance, whether willful or otherwise is what is hindering society from making a permanent change in the field of animal rights. The solution is Empathy and Knowledge. What better way than an everyday accessory?

• Kirk Shandro says:

Rethink Normal. We suffer.

• gemgem says:

‘Would you really want to bag a fox’ (refering to snare traps used)

• Connie Holland says:

Back on the chain gang – Don’t force me to live like this.

• Lara says:

Your paying for shelter dogs to be put to sleep. Dont buy, rescue your next best friend today!

• Cheri says:

Remember, an elephant never forgets, and neither should you…animals have feelings too.

• Jackie Gee says:

Gorgeous bag! I would make mine say “Every year, millions of loving pets are euthanized due to lack of homes. Don’t breed or buy while shelter pet’s die. Pet stores ruin shelter animal’s chances. Adopt a pet!” with a little black heart next to it.

• tazey says:

why should animals die as food or tests for us later in life we will need them as our video games and there wont be any left! :(

• Ana A. Garcia says:

“Respect Cats- Do Not Declaw” on the front Beautiful cat face with tears. “Paws Come With Claws-Do Not Amputate” back Cat with paws in front of him with a pained look on his face.

• Rich S. says:

a variation of the Golden Rule found in within Buddhist teachings: “Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.” -Udana-Varga 5,1

• Kathy says:

perfect to take to work and spread the word!

• Krista says:

My message for an anti-cruelty bag would be “Stop slaughtering America’s horses”.

• Kim says:

Cut your arm off and eat it… does it taste good to you?

• Priscilla Kl;oth says:

Animals do not exist for our entertainment.

• shydal says:

Stop Juggling Excuses: Go Cruelty Free

• MariaX2 says:

Have you ever wondered what would your family feel if something happed to you? Captive Dolphins often get injure with a spare or knife slash since dolphins never abandon wounded family members.

• nicole says:

Animal free products…

• Aidee Duran says:

NOT AT THE CIRCUSES where the elephant is crying. i would speak to animal cuz they don’t have a voice to speak and i would speak from them and i am a the ANGEL they were waiting for and i will do my power to bring animal awaerreness to the public and i will say that it doesn’t matter what age you have you still have the power to lecture people how horrible is the situation about animal farmiing on the Factory Farms and i would bring footage how are animal are treat it and i will tell them about PETA what is about and they want information about this situation i will say got to PETA or PETA2 for more information. i want people to STOP to got to the CIRCUSES they torture annimals and they spend hours without food or any love or nursher them. i would print 5 copies of elephant never forget petion and will tell them about more information about elephant life. i will share video from Rolling Bros.

• Jamie Lewis says:

May all that have life be delivered from suffering. — Buddha

• kelly says:

“How would you like it, if someone wanted to eat your children? Humans are animals, animals are human…go vegetarian”

• Nattylamb82 says:

Have a chicken on a bag like the ones from the Muppets wearing a retro T shirt that says “Friends not Food”

• Rebecca D says:

I like the “Meat is no treat for those you eat” saying. Then graphics with cute pictures of the “typical” farm animals.

• Meezy says:

[first side:] woow new lipstick? how many animals died for it? [other side:] “00000000″ animals die every minute for your beauty products.

• Kristen Johnson says:

Farm animals feel pain like pets feel pain! Don’t eat animals, unless you think it’s okay to eat the family dog!