Tyler Perry Goes to the Dogs

Written by PETA | May 13, 2010

Somewhere between watching House of Payne reruns on TBS and holding Madea movie marathons, I totally missed this Tyler Perry news: The man loves dogs.

It seems that a dog named Aldo changed Tyler’s life. As Tyler explains in this moving essay, Aldo has quickly become his “best buddy”:

“I find myself not working long hours so that I can rush home to walk him and feed him. It’s so crazy! Who knew that me, Mr. Commitment Phobe, could feel like this about any living creature?”

And when Tyler visited his local humane society to adopt a pal for Aldo, he went home with three!

Not only does this man have a sense of humor, he’s also looking out for the millions of animals sitting in animal shelters by making sure he adopts. After you sign up for the Tyler Perry fan club, check out these great reads by PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk to find out how you can make your own furry friends a little bit happier.

Written by Paula Moore

Comments

• Connie Butler says:

Yeah we CAN ask for something more from him… No more fur please!

• Margaret says:

I have been of fan of Tyler Perry for soooo long now if it’s possible I’m an even bigger fan now. Smart handsome talented and a dog lover. Can we ask for anything more. My Man!!!

• Kenady says:

Awhh What a nice guy Thats really good!

• Tammy says:

Now he needs to be educated on not using fur in his movies! If the coats are fake then I stand corrected but if not STOP using real FUR!

• Cathy says:

Just another reason to love already lovable Tyler Perry. He is one of the good guys.

• Patty K says:

I know how Mr Perry feels. I have two dogs that I love as if they were my own children. I find myself avoiding doing many things just because I want to be the one taking care of them. I don’t trust just anyone with them I would be very upset if I found out they were mistreated. Animals are much more special then many people think. They are very intelligent and have huge hearts.

• lulu says:

Love this story. What a wonderful man!

• Iva Bircher says:

We need to stop them from skinning cats and dogs alive in China. Go to http://www.peta.org and just watch some of that stuff. It is terrible.