Mayhem II: Revenge of the Nuggets
Earlier this year, we shared a selection of the bad behavior that seems to crop up frequently at McDonald’s restaurants, prompted by the story of a woman who went berserk at the drive-through window when she was denied McNuggets. But her nugget-driven nastiness was just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Consider the following incidents, just from the past few months:
- Sheriff’s deputies arrested a woman at a McDonald’s in Spartanburg, South Carolina, after workers accused her of stuffing a burger down her pants and screaming at a crew member.
- In Florida, a man was hauled in after reportedly trying to exchange drugs for McDonald’s cheeseburgers; to make matters worse, he was apparently driving a stolen car—with an expired license.
- A woman has filed a lawsuit contending that the manager of a New Orleans McDonald’s threatened her with a knife.
- A fired McDonald’s night-shift manager allegedly robbed her former employer’s store in Oklahoma while wearing a girdle on her face.
- Not to be outdone, an 18-year-old McDonald’s worker in Hialeah, Florida, has been charged with robbing his own store twice in less than one month. But, hey, at least he kept showing up to work.
|rensenbrink78/ CC by 2.0|
What could be causing this epidemic of violence? Are these folks just that addicted to the taste of cruelty—or is it some kind of karmic payback for McDonald’s callous refusal to require its U.S. and Canadian suppliers to adopt a less cruel method of chicken slaughter?
We’re sure that none of you eat at McDonald’s, but be sure to tell everyone you care about to stay away from those golden arches for their own safety—and for animals’ sake!
Written by Jeff Mackey
Anita Krajnc | Toronto Pig Save
If your comment doesn't appear right away, please be patient as it may take some time to publish or may require moderation.