Help Us Out, K-Fed

Written by PETA | October 5, 2007

IEN.jpgWhen historians finally compile the collected correspondence of Ingrid Newkirk, Britney Spears, and Kevin Federline into a bound, faux-leather 3-volume set, this one’s going to be one of the highlights, in my humble opinion. Yesterday, PETA’s president faxed the following missive to K-Fed asking him to please remember that Britney’s unlimited capacity for neglect extends to canines too.

As I may have mentioned before, Britney has an extremely unpleasant habit of stopping by the pet store on the way back from the wigmaker’s (or wherever it is she spends her time these days) to pick up new puppies, drag them around until she gets sick of them, and then abandon them. Well, since she hasn’t exactly been taking good care of her children either, we think it’s only reasonable that she let them bring their companion animals along when they go to K-Fed. You can read Ingrid’s letter below.

msnbc/Creative Commons
Kevin_Federline.jpg

October 4, 2007

To: Kevin Federline, c/o Nina Nisenholtz, N2N Entertainment
From: Ingrid E. Newkirk, PETA

Dear Mr. Federline:

We know that this is a particularly difficult time for you and your children. We are writing to you today to urge you to amend your filing with the court to also seek consideration for your children’s bond with the companion animals they have come to know and to request that the judge also grant you custody of these animals.

It is no secret that Ms. Spears’ impetuous “pet” purchases and lack of caretaking skills have been a serious concern of ours, in addition to being a source of public criticism. In 2006, Ms. Spears was “the overwhelming choice” for worst celebrity dog owner in a poll conducted by The New York Dog and The Hollywood Dog magazines. This past summer, Ms. Spears bought a Yorkshire terrier puppy from a pet store on impulse, only to casually tote the pup-London-around like an accessory. In recent weeks, the Los Angeles SPCA has investigated reports of Ms. Spears’ failure to provide adequate veterinary care for the tiny dog after he apparently suffered a fractured leg after being stepped on.

As a father, your main concern is the comfort and stability of your children. London and the other animals whom the boys consider to be a part of the family have provided that comfort and stability. The companionship of beloved companion animals can make a world of difference for the boys during this difficult time, and being separated from the animal friends whom they share a bond with is undoubtedly traumatic for them.

For the sake of your children and the animals who are at risk while in Ms. Spears’ custody, we hope that you will do the right and best thing for all involved and pursue a custody order for the animals so that your sons can continue to have the company of the animals they’ve grown to adore. If you have any other thoughts, we stand ready to assist you in placing the animals in a loving environment.

Sincerely,

Ingrid E. Newkirk
President

Comments

• Ivy says:

I have a question i know this is most likely not the place to post it but i dont know where else to ask. How much of donations actually go towards helping the animals? I recently got interested in helping peta and maybe even donating when i watched this horrid movie on petsmart and the treatment of their animals so i really would like to know if it would be better to donate to a more trustworthy charity. Please if you have an answer email me ! Thanks.

• Cande says:

I have made my last donation to PETA. Clearly this is not the group truly wanting to help animals but instead looking for publicity for it’s president. Kevin wears fur constantly has stated repeatedly he hate’s the dogs and small children and small animals are a bad bad combination. What on earth was this woman thinking when she debased the entire animal rights world by begging this man to help animals he not only has no interest in but has stated he actively hates?

• Margarita says:

The animals are definitely in danger I was horrified to read that her latest acquisition had a broken leg and she didn’t take care of it.

• 007 says:

judith… IMO rattling the pompous braggert’s cage well is not only a waste of time but counterproductive feeding into his overinflated ego which is already at risk and his blathering defense reduced to slander cutesy unwarranted comments and more lies. just ignore the desperate doc he is determined to be a fool.

• Christopher Cochran MD says:

Judy Judy Judy Like I said before you epitomize PETA. An emotional wreck seasoned with misinformation. My ability to practice medicine is not and has never been threatened. Save the hooch for the weekend. Or maybe you’ve been fasting under a tree a bit too long.

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

Why be a Doctor when the law says you can’t practice anymore. ROJO and the BAD DR. Should unite. Two idiots are better than one. Just think of it. A brand new FRANKENSTEIN made from Rojo and the bad Doc.

• rojo says:

judith wrong again on the doc but at least you have come to terms with the fact that he is one.

• Ariel says:

Hi Judith Freedom Fighter You probably noticed too just like I did that “the” little man only picks on females. BIG mistake! I had enough laughs with him too. He really has gotten boring! We’re here for the animals and don’t have time to babysit so we will continue with what is important the animals. Keep up the GREAT work Judith! For a long time I have been almost sure that we have something in common a certain belief that I learned about many years ago approved of it immediately and have strongly maintained it ever since.

• Heather says:

Regardless of a persons “status” they should not be “above” the law. If you own a pet you have a responsibility…period. If Spears can’t take care of her own children why would anyone PETA member or not want her to care for ANYTHING?! An animal is like a child they need to be cared for feed given love and attention and NOT be exposed to the nonsense that I have no doubt goes on in that woman’s house! Would you want your pet or child taken care of by her? NO. I don’t blame PETA for being concerned at all and contrary to what other people has indicated this is not a “publicity stunt”. If this were anyone else PETA would be right there to aid the animal! I suppose PETA 100 and you should too!

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

My Dear Ariel Do you feel that also? You are very smart my dear. He is a sad sad man. He needs to find friends elsewhere. He should be ashamed of himself I wonder how long it takes him to post on this board? He must sleep with a Dictionary under his little pillow. I almost feel sorry for him but not quite…He needs to find a new group of people who he can terrorize because we no longer give a crap. We just laugh. I so hope that that shall bring him some happiness. Kara The little white pup is still missing but many people are out looking for her. Let’s hope they find her. We will stay the faith. Judith All Beings Tremble before Violence All Fear Death All Love Life The Buddha

• Ariel says:

Ok talking about publicity stunts. Can someone please tell me who had her hair buzzed off in a PUBLIC beauty salon and someone with a photo camera just happened to be there at the exact same time taking a number of pictures? Can someone tell me why that person didn’t have her hair buzzed off in the PRIVACY of her own home by employing a hairdresser? And can someone tell me why that person who had her hair buzzed off did not express any outrage about it being publicized ad nauseum?

• Tracy says:

I don’t care for Britney Spears and wish I didn’t know anything about her life but alas. I want to say though that I think Peta needs to rethink its publicity stunts. Some are just stupid and turn off people who care about animals. If Britney were to lose custody of her dogs which I seriously doubt will happen she’ll turn around and buy more puppymill puppies. Is that what we want?

• Kara says:

And where IS the little white Chihuahua Britney and Kev bought right after their wedding when she was pregnant with the first kid????????

• Kara says:

The law states that dogs are personal property. The Yorkie London was purchased AFTER Brit and Kevin separated and just before the divorce was finalized. He has no more claim to London than to any other property she bought after the split like a new house. BEsides everyone knows YorkieCHihuahuas should NOT be owned by people with small children in the house too much of a likelihood of injury to the dog. Maybe one of the kids fell or stepped on London? PETA lay off K Fed he has no legal claim to the dog.

• John says:

LOL Geooooffff. Take a good look in the mirror you slacker and you will really see a moron douchebag. Damn right it pissed me off. It wasnt just a letter nimrod it was a televised publicized much advertised ploy to get publicity for peta. Had nothing to do with the dogsjust to get Ingrid’s face on all the newschannels and papers. And hey it worked but at what cost? And look what else it did. It brought out little minded slackers like you to come here and call people names. I can tell you this much Geoooffff. You definitely wouldn’t speak that way to my face. Now go eat a damn cheeseburger and shut the heck up. Slacker.

• kate says:

I would rather see these poor dogs up for adoption on petfiner or with a rescue organization than with Britney or KFed and the kids. I totally agree with those of you who have said that kids are terrible with animals especially little dogs like this! PETA was definitely wrong this time but everyone makes mistakes and I am still a strong supporter of the organization. PETA has definitely had more victories than mistakes and I’m thankful to them for all of the positive things that they do. PS. KFef would be a HORRIBLE pet owner and I guarantee that he fails as a parent. He is just as irresonsible as Britney they should’ve never had the poor kids in the first place!

• rojo says:

geoff are you getting enough iron in your diet?

• Beth says:

It’s wrong to mistreat animals but ok to use someones children to get what you want! This proves Peta Lies to get what they want. No more Peta 2008..

• Alexi says:

The fact that PETA is basing their decision to attack Britney Spears purely off of personal judgement is proof enough that this is a publicity stunt. There is no substantiating evidence of animal abuse that would justify this attack. The judges ruling to take Britney’s kids away was based on her not making scheduled appearances and not submitting to drugs testing. If PETA wants to start attacking all “dog owning” celebrities that party go out at night enjoy flashing the Paparazzi with their vajayjays and supposedly do drugs no direct proof then they have a loooonnnggg list to start working on. Have Fun!! And how anyone can compare Britney to Mike Vick is completely beyond me. How many dead dogs were found on his property? How many mauled dogs were found alive? How much illegal “dogfighting” equipment was found on his property? Where is the mounting evidence against Britney? The only thing I’ve ever witnessed her do with her dogs is carry them in her arm as an accessory. Not sure that’s a crime but it looks retarded. Like she’s just being trendy. I still think this is a huge publicity stunt and a low blow from PETA. Completely stupid

• Ariel says:

Bravo Geoff! Judith Freedom Fighter My my Dr. Faux is in quite a dither! Seems like he needs to pop a couple of Valium. IF he is a real doctor ironically just with his last comments to you it can be truthfully said about him “Half cocked. Poorly spoken. Ill advised.” Oh his poor “patients!”

• Judith, Freedom Fighter says:

Dr. I shall no longer say anything more about you. Shame on you. Shame on you. I only hope that your God can forgive you. Peace