Why Did the Chicken Get Put Into Handcuffs?

Written by PETA | June 10, 2010

If you participate in demonstrations, you might have experienced a bit of frustration at the occasional rude comments or less-than-perfect weather conditions. Next time that happens, spare a thought for Edward, a PETA Asia campaigner who was arrested as he got out of a cab dressed as a chicken for a Kentucky Fried Cruelty protest in Singapore. Here’s Edward preparing for another KFC demo in Malaysia:

Edward

Edward, who is originally from Seattle, was essentially placed under house arrest in his hotel room because Singapore has some very harsh and archaic laws against protests. He is expected to be able to leave Singapore as scheduled, without charges. He says that the interrogation was frightening, but that it is nothing compared to how KFC treats chickens. That’s our kind of guy.

If you’d like to show solidarity with Edward, why not organize a KFC demonstration yourself?

Written by Jeff Mackey

Comments

• Rev. Meg Schramm says:

Anytime Edward would like to come to Orange or Santa Ana California to do protests at some of the KFC’s here let me know. I’ll be glad to help help him out.

• Rebecca says:

I Thank You Edward.

• Shari says:

Edward is a HERO! I only wish we had a picture of him cuffed in the chicken costume! SHAME on them for arresting Edward. But he will go down in animal rights history for his bravery! Edward is another person who made the diffrence! Thank you for helping the chickens Edward you are a wonderful person!

• Tammy says:

Thank you Edward!!!!!

• Debby says:

Hey Edward the world is slowly changing because of people like you. You’re in my thoughts hang in there.

• Jamie says:

Thanks Edward for taking a stand against moneyhungry KFC.

• Toby says:

The middle class lifestyle I’ve always known is so superficially rewarding I’m behaviourallyaddicted to complacency to be honest. I’m not proud of that at all… I resent it and wish my parents and teachers had had better views but anyway I have to ‘pick up the pieces’. I have no good reason for not publicly protesting animal abuse daily.

• Uroosa Khan says:

Your lovely! Its great to know that people are out their helping our animal friends!

• brenda cruz says:

Hello edward love your efforts keep moving forward you have my support 100 xoxo ur friend brenda