Brooke Shields: Fur Nightmare

Written by PETA | June 1, 2010

When I was a little girl, I dreamed about growing up to be a rock star. Or maybe a veterinarian. Or a roller derby queen.

I didn’t dream about anally electrocuting animals on fur farms, but apparently Brooke Shields did. The aging actor recently paid a visit (or should that be “was paid for a visit”?) to Kopenhagen Fur’s workshop to create her very own mink coat, and she said it was “a little girl’s dream.”

We understand that when some actors’ careers begin to fade, they’ll do just about anything to stay in the limelight, including appearing in eyelash-growth commercials and starring in short-lived TV shows. But Brooke, did you really want the world to remember you as a “fur pimp” who stares agog at rows of animal skins?

Brooke says that she will wear her fur coat “when I follow my children to school, when I drink coffee, and when I sleep.” Hmm, I think if you need fur to keep you warm at night, you’ve got problems.

What do you think?

Written by Paula Moore

Comments

• Rikki says:

I thought Brooke Shields the Talentless had hit bottom with the toothpaste commercials. But no! She’ll sell her soul to even the deviant fur industry. What an embarrassment for her kids.

• Wangus says:

Of course. seems like “she’s got problems”..

• christine says:

I would like for her to have the opportunity to actually make the coat and see what actually happens! maybe then she will have “new dreams”…these people just make me sick!

• Aneliese says:

Wow what an idiot. Parent fail.

• melodie richardson says:

now I have zero respect. I applauded her when she went to battle with tom cruise over her depression but now I just think shes nuts! whack job…Freak! maybe she should spend some time on a fur farm. Brookeyou suck!

• Don Harris says:

I hope believe and pray that Brooke shields or anyone who wears the skin of a living animal should and probably will come back to endure such fear and pain for themselves.. I wish skin wearers all the best in their challanges ahead in this life or another. Happy Hunting Brooke Shields.

• Kellylu says:

Well this makes me sad and I will put one more actress on my list that I don’t like or buy stuff to help them get richer!

• laura says:

I just read another article where she said when she was little she wanted to be a vet and that her daughters want to be vets now. Hello Brooke? Where’s the disconnect???

• Kimberly says:

Complete moron.

• Animal lover says:

Unreal! Eating animals testing on animals and wearing animals is very very wrong! Animals are for loving and protecting!

• Lisa Scerbo says:

What a pathetic has been. Really? She’ll promote cruelty just to save her fading career? Does she teach cruelty to her children?

• Carrie says:

Never liked her never will for sure now… People disgust me.

• Lauren says:

Can’t stand her.

• indycar01 says:

to bad she wasnt around in the 30s she could have married hitler.

• Myrna Velasquez says:

She is an fing shame for a human being. She is so ignorant she can’t realize she’ll look even fatter than usual.

• bethrobbins says:

It’s shocking to me that she does not understand the ramifications of her actions. She seems like an intelligent person. I believe that PETA needs to educate her and humiliate her until she does understand.

• Sarah says:

She’s a straight up poopyface. YOU HEAR THAT BROOKE? YOU ARE A POOPYFACE!!!

• Eric! says:

Wow… How very sad. I’ve always liked her I wonder if she knows what she’s doing? Compassionate hearts out there who may know her like Ellen talk with her educate her on just how cruel wearing animal skins is.

• Jeff says:

Of all the vile industries to be involved with… Perhaps instead of the photo op with all of the dead animal skins laid out for her they could have done a video with her smiling as she anally electrocutes one of the poor creatures followed by her ripping its skin off its body. She is vile and I can’t imagine she’s going to look back on this disgusting incident and think “gee that was a great idea.”

• Stephanie says:

I can’t belive that! She just did a movie in which she protested industrial develpment in order to save the lives of many animals Furry Vengence. To think that she just turned around and made that coat made me sick. I will never again pay to see one of her movies. The last thing she needs is more money to kill animals for fashion.

• Emma says:

What a lowlife! Disgusting!

• Lydia says:

Just shows how uneducated people still are. Never assume people ‘Know’right from wrong.

• Valery says:

She is not human I wouldnt be surprised if people stopped liking her for what she is doing I would like to see her skinned alive and be worn all the time. Maybe then the spot light could be on her

• alex gerry says:

She had a reputation for being clueless and she ain’t going to change it. What a waste of space

• Amy says:

She reeeallly needs to get a life!

• Laura Schiess says:

I’ve never had a problem with her. Now obviously I do! I’m a firm believer that actions speak louder then words. This is a true testament. She must be pretty empty inside if she needs to strut around in anguish horror and bloodshed. Maybe Tom Cruise was right about her afterall!

• Ashley says:

Its so sad that people in the spotlight set such terrible examples. Shes so unintelligent. Why do people like this get famous?

• Deborah Sbranti says:

I always thought I liked Brooke with her depression and post partum and stage mom and whatever else. But how can she be so STUPID about fur and the needless use of it but to torture animals in life and end it in a cruel death! Shame on you Brooke!

• Samantha says:

She is a sick sick woman. What an end to a mediocre career…becoming a whore for the fur industry. I hope you never have a peaceful nights sleep again you washed up old fur hag.

• BB says:

Brooke Unless I read that you’ve changed your mind or that this report is not true I AM NOW AN EXFAN! I’m very disappointed to hear this about you. No one needs to wear fur or anything that looks like fur. You need to think about the abuse and killing of the animals.

• Jennifer Salome says:

How do we send her a message? She needs to watch the entire process or do it herself and then see if she wants to wear it.

• John Carmody says:

I was completely sickened when I read this on various news articles circulating on animal rights mailing lists. The truth is that this ‘whore’ for money was definitely paid to do all this. It’s nothing short of a publicity stunt by the overly desperate fur industry to try grab any sort of ‘celebrity’ to try and regain some sort of public confidence in their dieing industry. The truth is they won this looser over and god knows she might of needed the cash maybe it will be prostitution next for Brooke?

• Saucy says:

Vicious absolutely vicious. News Flash Brooke your not a little girl anymore and ripping the skin off an animal for your vanity and lack of consciousness and morality is downright mean. It does though show an enormous level of immaturity and profound lack of ability to empathise with fellow creatures. What gives you the right to do that? Are you that empty inside? Look around Brooke there are people who will never get the breaks that you got who will never look in the mirror and see a picture perfect presence looking back at them or will never have the bank that you have and clearly take it all for granted cause it just ain’t enough. You have to go and put yourself out there to promote this horrific bloodthirsty industry. You need your head examined cause you are clearly deluded and about as deep as a puddle. How could you do that? I hope someone sneaks you a tape so you can hear the wailing cries of animals being skinned alive for the fur industry. And if that doesn’t make you reexamine your mink fairy tale lie from hell your not human anymore. NICE GIRLS DON’T WEAR FUR.

• daniel says:

Brooke Shields is SCUM. Seriously this fading siren is resorting to animal abuse to stay in the limelight. Pathetic!

• Misha'el Shabrami says:

I met her while she was pregnant. She had a tan pitbull with her at the time. I can’t believe she wouldn’t make the association between her pet and other animals like minks losing their life for her fashion. Someone should put her in the jungle with nothing but lipstick on.

• alex gerry says:

Poor lil’ laydeeee she always was a bit clueless wasn’t she! She hasn’t learned with age either.

• Graham says:

I hope she doesn’t try wearing the fur coat near Prince Charles. He’d shoot the old slapper.

• Sharon Barboza says:

Brooke are u kidding me? What kind of a sicko are u finding enjoyment in the suffering of innocent animals?

• Kate says:

H O R R I B L E i dream of a moment when people like her will develop some imagination

• Zoe says:

WOW. That’s all I can say. Wow.

• Adeline says:

She is probably getting paid by fur industry as it doesn’t look too good for them at the moment seal hunters didn’t find their buyers this year etc

• Carla Bramlett says:

OMG…well I really didn’t like her before and now I like her even less. Pretty Baby?? I think not!

• Tarra says:

Gross she needs education on where the fur comes from asap. Hopefully she’ll drop the fur and switch to something humane.

• Matthew says:

I’m at a loss… Being a former child starformer modelformer talent really has her grasping to remain relevant. Never did care for the hack.

• Diane says:

I’m up for fakes but really going to a factory to witness that? wow.. oh soo wrong! reminds me of the movie hostel when they harvest humans for fun..

• Samantha Dreher says:

I wonder if people like this really like making ridiculous stunts or if they are just that ignorant.

• Brandy says:

Makes me sick! She’s no one to look up too! Animal KILLER!!!! she must make her family proud!

• Gen says:

I hate her.

• Francesca says:

She is disgusting

• Wendy Fiolek says:

I think it is horrible for people to wear real furs. Don’t they think about how real fur coats are made. The people who wear them are horrible.