Behind the Scenes With ‘Inglourious Basterds’ Star Eli Roth

Written by PETA | September 10, 2009

Actor/director Eli Roth wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty bashing “Natzees” with a baseball bat as Sgt. Donnie Donowitz, aka “The Bear Jew,” in Inglourious Basterds, nor has he shied away from gore in his “oh-my-god-this-is-so-disgusting-but-I-cannot-look-away” films Hostel and Cabin Fever. But now, Eli Roth—who, behind all the (fake) blood and guts, has a heart of gold—has teamed up with PETA to direct and star in our very first MySpace exclusive PSA. In the ad, he reminds everyone that the violence in his movies is fake—but violence against animals is real and is an important issue.

View the ad on MySpace and then check out behind-the-scenes footage from the shoot:

A guy who enjoys an “all in good fun” beheading and long walks on the beach? What more could you ask for?

How about some exclusive pictures?

Posted by Liz Graffeo

Comments

• BEV says:

I love that you are standing up for the anmals .Cause we are their voice thank .

• Vegan Future says:

So what about the cruelty in slaughterhouses and other factory farms how come he didn’t say a single word about it?

• Alicia says:

He should make a movie with a vigilante going and killing people who work in slaughter houses and abuse animals. Even do it in the same manner that they themselves kill animals. Could be good.

• Shari says:

I love that 3rd picture with the snake drinking from a straw with Eli!! SO CUTE!

• Rex's Mom says:

I didn’t know that Eli was an actor as well as a writerdirector. I have watched his movies Hostel and Hostel Part II many times. Yes they are very violent but I am a horror fan and these certainly are horror movies. But like he said this is make believe but cruelty to animals is real. I just hope he makes Hostel Part III because a lot of the really bad guys need to be killed off! I have to say though that there are no animals at all in his Hostel movies except 2 well taken care of Bloodhounds in Hostel Part II.