Ami James: Ink, Not Mink

Written by PETA | January 24, 2008

Ami James, the star of the hit TLC reality show Miami Ink, is also the new face of our anti-fur campaign, showing off his 40 colorful tattoos in a new “Ink, Not Mink” ad for PETA. He’s unveiling the ad at his Miami club—the Love Hate Lounge—this evening, and will be renaming the venue “Love Animals, Hate Fur” for the night. Needless to say, we’re really excited about Ami’s involvement with this campaign. You can see Ami’s new ad and tattoo design here, but in the meantime here’s a PETA Files exclusive video interview with Ami James that took place at the ad shoot:

Comments

• Aiden says:

Cheers Ami. Its great what hes doing the AD for PETa. Hes just amazing for supporting this and everything else he stands for! I got afew tattoos by him once and he was great fun to talk to! FurIsDead tattoo’d on my Outer Right Ankle and my Left wrist. Hes amazing. Cheers Ami Aiden.

• amna says:

AMI IZZZ SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SXCCCC

• jader villalta says:

quetal james soy un fan d todo tu grupo de trabajo y quisiera hacerm un tatuaje ya q los d mi pais no sirven tatuando yo soy de Nicaragua y veo tu programa en tv

• Antonella says:

Ami is great he thinks exactly the way I do he’s awesome

• heather davis says:

I am soo glad that alot of people who are seen more than the regular joe are waking up and standing up for the rights of animals even the tattoed ones love the four legged kind maybe even more just for being considered under dogs and now knowing we are at the top pf the food chain and we need to be there for the ones who arent there yet.. just cause we have thumbs does not mean we should use them to consume animal products .. use them to open the door for others like us who care for our animals and want others to start caring as well .. have you hugged your pet today…

• Mara says:

I live in brasil and I would like to know how do I buy this number that appears in the Ami James. Someone help me please !!!

• Vivian says:

Its nice to see fame put to good use. I live in Miami and I want to get involved . How can a be a part of this GREAT cause? RCvivianyahoo.com

• Helen says:

Brilliant! Don’t have to say more!

• Naty says:

Ami is so wonderful and very cool men i admire u so much and now more!! worry about this problem confirm that u are the best!!

• kasie serena says:

Hey Ami I love your show I watch it all the time. I also think that your hotter than ever.but ever secne I started watching your show and I see what you can do it got me thinking about going down to Miami and having you do a specail tatto for me. See I’m 16 yrs. old and on February 232008 at 1242am I had my first child and I gave him up for adoption. And it’s been hurting me so bad I thought about doing stupid things to myself but I promised myself that I wouldn’t do anything. I just wish that I could get a chance to tell my story to millions of poeple and let everyone know what I’m going through. and most of all I would love to meet you in person like i said I love love love your show I want to become a tatto artist when I turn 18. well thanks for listening Ami I hope to here from you my email tcsntammyaol.com thanks agin. love kasie

• Darky says:

hey hey the star of Maimi ink….I used to love watching that! Awesome stuff! Anyway thank you so much for doing this and helping spread awareness…We need more cool guys like this. Anyway I am female 22 from the UK and theres no point in that but anyway I am VEGAN….SO go vegan if your not and good on ya Ami!! Keep it up!! Fur coats are ugly anyway.

• Dharmalicious says:

Real men love animals! They don’t support animal cruelty! Thanks for making a difference. You go Ami!

• Pamela Thom says:

What a MAN!! He’s fantastic..

• Kaitlyn McKick Ass says:

Respectfull man and fit!Excellent combo. Bring this onto a episode on main steam t.v. and you got it!

• Rissa says:

I love you great i think you rock. Hope to see you soon in nyc.

• Melinda says:

Wow you are a hunk and I love you for your commitment to animals.. Kisses from the animals of the world please keep sending out your message! God bless you xx00

• Dominique says:

I’ve been watching Miami Ink for about a year now then this morning I got an email about PETA. It’s good to hear he’s an animal lover too. With some famous people you don’t know if they support it or not but I know Angelina Jolie Zachary Quinto Paul O’Grady Julian Clairy among others are against it! I also shows a side of Ami that people wouldn’t see a lot of or probably wouldn’t think he had because he’s got lots of tattoos but that doesn’t make you a rebel! I also don’t kill even the littest creatures it’s sweet he doesn’t either. People need to be aware of just what is happening! I won’t even by a cake if I don’t know if it was made with free range eggs or not or anything else with eggs in. Killing for fashion is just so wrong I don’t get it either! It’s not cool to be wearing something else’s coat it’s just sick it makes the person wearing it a monster!

• Reem says:

Ami you are so wonderful thank you… my 3 dogs and 4 cats send you kissssssssss. I do too . Peace for all animals.

• mayte blanc says:

hey Ami la verdad como que me te me hacias medio sangron pero ya me caes bien es muy bueno que personas como tu demuestren respeto hacia los animales yo tambien traigo tatoo y aretes en la cara y la gente no cree que son vegetariana y me la paso dando publicidad para favor a los animales yo tengo dos pitbulls que tambien adoro chido por ti y que Dios te vendiga atte. Mayte

• Monica says:

Wow !!!! This is so amazing Ami well done.

• Ivet says:

Ami James. I thought he was rude. He’s an awesome human being.

• Kathy says:

I was impressed by the entire video. Maybe someday more men will understand that animals are not “things” and begin to treat them with TLC. We should share the planet with respect to animals each other and all living things.

• Maya, CVT says:

Estee good for you for being concious of these kinds of things. I don’t know where you work but many big grocery chains have reuseable bags now. Maybe you can ask your manager to start a campaign for them or to offer a discount for customers who bring the bags in. China has now banned plastic bags and requires reusable bags. They’ve put us to shame.

• Estee padgett says:

That was awesome i wish more talented people cared like ami most people just dont care? i work at grocery store and when we ask paper or plastic they say i dont care? it’s sad what people are doing to our earth we only get one chance?

• Ashley says:

I LOVE THIS MAN!

• Dawn says:

Hey i love you Ami James and your show too! Awesome.. I love you even more now! You have such a golden heart!!!

• Maya, C.V.T. says:

Very eloquent statements. I wish all men were like him he’s the epitome of a REAL MAN! I’m hoping to do a study on mustelids for grad school it makes me sick that such smart animals are being crammed into fur farms. Like Ami said it’s sickening. How can a man feel like a man after killing a cheetah and wearing it as a prize? That’s the epitome of a coward. Best advice Ami gave read labels!! And know what you’re buying!! Some scientist out there should write a book on that. Great advice.

• Erika says:

I really like this guy on his show eventhough I’m not a tattoo type but I like him even better after he’s an animal lover. We need more people like him….

• Nai says:

Ha I knew it was only a matter of time before he did something like this. Yes I know him personally. I am so glad he did. Peace LOVE..

• Donna says:

Ami.. I am VERY impressed.. ok not that I wasn’t already with you ..except when you have your anger moments LOL This was really nice to see. Bravo.. He hit the mark perfectly don’t you think? Children of today will be running our world tomorrow. We need to focus our attention to them. Cheers Donna

• Tracy says:

I love to see people like him speak up for animals your the best Ami

• kathleen wissenz says:

Awesome to see a hot guy with tattoos that cares about animals isn’t afraid to say so. He could give me another tattoo anytime!

• Christine says:

I already loved Ami from watching Miami Ink… but now I really love the guy.. he has great talent and great qualities like being an animal lover.. this made me happy

• Niranjan says:

Compassion Is Super Sexy! Real Men Are Kind To Animals!

• Kath says:

I just watched a video on you tube about the torture of these poor animals… and it’s just not cool… they get beaten to submission and are not even dead when they’re skinned… the intentions are cruel and the mindless people who do it are nothing short of FUCKED!!!

• Darla says:

Ami I already loved you! That is the exact attitude the world needs to adopt. I love that you have the guts to speak your mind. You are cool!

• Dana says:

This is another great AD am so glad to see people like Ami James and Mac Danzig start to represent animal issues. It is funny how many people still think Animal Rights are for wimpy men. My husband had the bald head the goatee and the tattoos…. you should see the looks he gets when he says I am a vegetarian or I am a tree hugger it is actually funny to see peoples face…

• Jay Townsend says:

Son of a gun as the day is long

• Antigone1000 says:

We could definitely use more men like that in the world!

• silvia says:

Not only are you hot but you also have a great heart.You’re the type of man any girl would love.

• Christine Nguyen says:

Hot! Makes me want to watch his show more.

• Amanda-Grace says:

Thats so cute I love to c ppl wit dogs. Espcially when there awesome ppl like ppl on TV!!33

• K says:

I just watched the video Now THAT’S a REAL man.

• K says:

Carla Agree. P

• Mike Quinoa says:

Carla And all those years I thought you had to have a hot car to pick up women and all you really needed was Compassion lol …and a hot car lol x2

• Judith, Freedom Fighter for Animals says:

Beautiful just beautiful. So is the Puppy dog! Thanks Ami for your beautiful and kind heart and soul and body oops!!!!!

• Carla says:

Ami James is Hott stuff!! It always seems the true animal lovers on a female perspective are the best looking ones!! Agree?

• Yasmin Jameer says:

Wow opening the PETA site the attention of my eyes are directly drawn on this astonishing guy and I didn’t even know him before! This is an incredible sexy hunk and in doing this antifur campaign PETA did also a wonderful thing for women’s eyes and hearts! It’s winter and I’m feeling warmer and warmer and warmer! Conclusion also this time PETA rocks again with this perfect idea and perfect job!

• John Carmody says:

Well done he is a real man who’s kind to animals! Ireland thinks you rock!!!

• K says:

Whooaa this is so cool!! Ami is great!