Do You Have 60 Seconds to Save Seals?

Written by PETA | April 4, 2011

Canada’s commercial seal slaughter is about to kick into high gear, but you can do something to help stop it. PETA has created a compelling new infographic that provides key information about the massacre, like how seals are bludgeoned and sometimes skinned alive and how much taxpayer money is wasted promoting a product that Canada loses money on every year.

All you have to do to spread the word is follow this link to the infographic, then tweet it, e-mail it to your friends, or post it to your Facebook and MySpace pages. With your help, millions of people will instantly see the truth behind Canada’s shameful excuses for failing to put a stop to this travesty.

Written by Michelle Sherrow

Comments

• KIM O. SIMS says:

THE KILLING OF THESE ANIMALS IS SO CRUEL AND BARBARIC. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE COULD BE THAT HEARTLESS. IT’S JUST WRONG!

• Caren Hentnik says:

Enough of this senseless killing we are in the 21st Century leave these beautiful defenseless creatures ALONE.

• edwardo albuquerque sobrinho says:

this is unacceptable behavior …. degrading.

• Maria says:

This makes me sick. What’s wrong with Canada? Aren’t they supposed to be one of the more enlightened countries? If that is their idea of enlightenment, I will pass. I have enjoyed visiting Canada in the past, but will not do so again until they eliminate the seal slaughter. Perhaps we all should.

• Maria says:

• Gregory says:

PLEASE !!! Someone SAVE the POOR, SWEET, INNOCENT, SEALS from SUCH a TERRIFYING, HORRIBLE, TORTUOUS DEATH !!! PLEASE !!!! There MUST be someone with a HEART AND POWER AND INFLUENCE, there MUST BE ! :(

• Joan says:

This slaughter has to stop. No wonder we are having earthqaukes. God is trying to tell us something. These people have children suppose someone this to there children. I can they do this and poor mother seal cannot do nothing to save her baby . This is a sin.

• EndCruelty says:

I am horrified by what some Canadians will do for the sake of money. An sacred Inuit tradition has been sullied by greed. However I will comment on some of the people here who have said they will stop buying Canadian products and visiting Canada for this. If the product does not contain anything to do with seal, then it does not effect the industry therefore you are denying other industries the chance to grow with no effect on the seal industry. Don’t punish 100% of Canadian business when there’s only 10% doing the wrong doing (I am not including other business that harm animals, only the ones that effect the seals). We need to convince the government that the seal harvest brings no money in and that this is unacceptable.

• victoria says:

Breaks my heart!!!!

• Heart Breaking says:

This makes no sense to me the idea to inflict pain on any living thing period. But to kill innocent animals for fur, is beyond comprehension. No animal should have to endure painful experimentation or any abuse by man.Just who do we think we are anyway? Why does this continue? Please keep fighting!!!

• Elizabeth says:

And besides spreading the word… what else can we do? Is there a letter to be sent to canadian authorities we should sign? Anything?

• Carolina says:

All the people in that country should put big announcements in the entrance of the company with big letters on it, the message must be WATCH OUT KILLERS WORKING HERE STAY AWAY…

• chander kumar soni says:

please save seals.

• Alain Komin says:

Canadian killers!!!!!!!!! You’ll receive what you give.

• Elizabeth says:

So depressing. Seal, as well as every other kind of hunting should be banned. They don’t deserve to be slaughtered, ESPECIALLY seeing as there is not much of an economical value!!! What is the POINT!?

• Smile says:

Need to Stop This ASAP. They do not harm people. God gave use these why Kill it? Canadian Government need to stop this and who ever does kill should be fined big. Yes… I think people who does this have some issues them self. They need to go and get some help.

• Sue says:

I swear never to buy anything made in or having anything to do with Canada, nor will I ever travel to this country.

• Marie Mcdermott says:

First they shot 100 dogs after the Olympics, now they are going to kill beautiful defenseless seals. What is wrong with this picture? Save the Seals!!!!!!!!!

• Sharon says:

This is just plan sick, it breaks my heart. I would love to do some of the things that they do to these defenseless animals to them and see how they feel.

• Luka says:

Give me a baseball bat put very loud Slayer’s Angel of Death an put a couple of this idiots in the same room with me…then we’ll talk about the top of the food chain..!!!!

• Lisa says:

You know, those who are doing this evil seriously have anger and mental issues and need to be stopped … NO IF ANDS OR BUTS ABOUT IT!! Time for us to do what is right and stop the killing of the inoccent and get rid of those doing the killing. Because of these evil humans I have lost my faith in the human race. I am sick and tired of seeing, reading and hearing the evil that humans are doing to this planet and its inhabitants every single day. It makes me sick.

• Lisa says:

This just makes me sick. Humans have become so cruel and evil that it’s shameful! I have so much respect for the planet, the animals, the environment and vegitation. Why, why do humans have to be this way? Pretty soon everything will be gone and it will be because of humans. My faith is gone. I can’t imagine someone hurting, torturing another living creature to the point of killing it. We were not born like this, this is a choice to do this evil. I’m disgusted, so much that if I had a chance I would do unto them as they have done to these poor innocent animals, it is however only fair. It’s time that humans stop turning the other cheek and start doing what is right. Stand up for those that need help and get rid of those that are evil.

• Kate says:

People who wear fur disgust me, they have no morals and live selfishly in their own greedy little world of ignorance.

• luna kristensen says:

seals are NOT clothes…#savetheseals !!!

• Jodie says:

this is a piontless and cruel act for men with major mental issues!!!! it is not needed no matter what they say about population. they have as much right to be on the earth and alive as we do!!!!

• CORINNE FIRLOTTE says:

THERE NEEDS TO BE A LAW PASSED RIGHT AWAY TO STOP THIS SENLESS SLAUGHTER OF THESE POOR DEFENSLESS ANIMALS, THIS IS SO INHUMANE, PLEASE SOMEONE HEAR OUR PLEA!

• StephD says:

It’s not often I am ashamed to be Canadian, but today is one of those days. I am disgusted with the seal slaughter, and so frustrated that the government still allows this to happen.

• Sara says:

Bet you think that all Cuban citizens are still evil communists as well with old sanctions still in place to this day.

• Sara says:

Wasn’t seal products only banned in the US by Richard Nixon just to give a huge middle finger to Canadian PM Pierre Trudeau for whom he absolutely hated in difference of political ideals?? Why didn’t US ban other animal products as well at the time?

• radha bharadwaj says:

Cruelty such as this is incomprehensible. Until the demand for fur and products derived from animals ends, there will, unfortunately, be no end to the cruelty either. Those who make it their “occupation” to kill and torture defenseless creatures are driven not be character or integrity, but by profit.

• Marcel says:

Due to this I have stopped buying many Canadian products very disturbing.

• Judy says:

Something must be done about the slaughtering of seals in Saskatchewan, Canada! :(

• @RonanLittleSeal says:

please save my mama!

• Katrina Gatt says:

As a Canadian I am ashamed of my country and how they treat seals. This should stop NOW. It’s disgusting and degrading. I hope something gets done soon. DONT WEAR FUR. THEY RELY ONLY ON MINDLESS CONSUMERS.

• Animal.Lover says:

What in the world is going through these people’s minds when they do this?! NOTHING? This is beyond cruel/brutal/inhumane/every-other-word-relating-to-torture-in-the-English-dictionary!

• Lucia Greenfield says:

please please please stop this!

• Mike Quinoa says:

I think PETA’s infographics are absolutely superb. (Are there no higher-res copies available?) There’s a ton of good information presented in a visually captivating manner. Hopefully the data will make people wise to the deception of the Canadian government and the sealing industry, and encourage them to add their voices to the protest.

• indu uniyal says:

i feel sorry for d poor animal n very angry that y god has created human being ….”D MOST SELFISH LIVING THING “.:((

• Sarah-C says:

THIS IS IMPORTANT, fellow Canadians: please DO NOT vote for any party that supports continuation of the Seal ‘Hunt’, a sure sign they’re CORRUPT + do not care… The only valid choice, therefore, is GREEN (the sole political candidates who have Canada’s best interests at heart, + who will help us stop the sickening slaughter of baby seals for good)… IT’s ONLY RIGHT!

• Jill says:

Please save the seals…

• AdriannaJordan says:

This is cruel and inhumane. Please anybody that can help please do!

• Celtic Lady says:

Please help stop this senseless and brutal slaughter of seals!

• Penny UK says:

Boycott all Canadian products and visiting Canada until this is stopped – hit them where it hurts, in their pockets!

• Dieda Artemis says:

Money is something very evil which corrupts our minds and kill our human nature.

• dustee says:

evolve humans, stop the seal slaughter!

• PAOLA BONILLA says:

please, stop seal´s slaughter.

• Robert Dugdale says:

Money spent or saved or made is not the issue. This is a morally indefensible act and woe betide all who partake in this grisly crime against nature. In the end right WILL prevail. So end it now!!!

• DeeDee says:

It is so tragic that in this day and age, us advanced people resort to torturing animals for our own selfish wants.

• Danielle says: