The Vegan Waffle TacoPrint
- 1 box accidentally vegan pancake mix (we used Bisquick brand)
- Approximately 1 1/3 cups almond milk (follow the pancake mix instructions, using almond milk instead of cow’s milk)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 pkg. frozen vegan breakfast sausages
- 1 pkg. vegan cheese slices (or shreds)
- Cook the waffles according to the package directions, using the almond milk instead of cow’s milk and the applesauce instead of an egg for the batter. If you don’t have a wafflemaker, make pancake tacos instead!
- Add the olive oil, soy sauce, garlic, onion powder, thyme, turmeric, paprika, and garlic salt to a sauté pan. Cook on low heat and stir. Once the mixture begins to heat, spread evenly to coat the bottom of pan.
- Crumble the tofu through your fingers and toss into the mixture, stirring often.
- Once the scramble becomes firm to the touch and begins to brown (about 7 to 10 minutes), squeeze in the lemon juice and add in the nutritional yeast. Stir until coated. Allow to cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cook the vegan breakfast sausages according to the package instructions.
- Top the waffles with the tofu scramble, breakfast sausages, and vegan cheese slices. Fold in half, and voilà!