Vegan Chicken Parm SubsPrint
- 1/2 cup flour
- Vegan egg replacer equivalent to 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 vegan chicken cutlets (try Gardein Chick’n Scallopini or Quorn Chick’n Cutlets)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 sandwich rolls, toasted
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- Vegan shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste
- Chopped parsley, for garnish, optional
- Fill a small mixing bowl with the flour, another with the vegan egg mixture, and a third with the breadcrumbs and garlic powder.
- Coat each vegan chicken cutlet in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip into the vegan egg mixture and then into the breadcrumb mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a deep skillet. Fry the breaded cutlets until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Place each cutlet on a sandwich roll. Top with the marinara sauce and sprinkle with vegan mozzarella, to taste. Broil for about 5 minutes, or until the “cheese” is melted. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.