Vegan Chicken Parmesan LinguinePrint
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegan egg replacer equivalent to 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 vegan chicken cutlets (try Gardein Chick’n Scallopini or Quorn Chik’n Cutlets)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 oz. dry linguine or other pasta, cooked al dente according to package directions
- Vegan mozzarella cheese shreds, to taste
- Vegan Parmesan cheese, for garnish (Try Follow Your Heart Parmesan Shreds)
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Fill one mixing bowl with the flour, another with the vegan egg mixture, and a third with the bread crumbs and garlic powder.
- Coat each vegan chicken cutlet in the flour and shake off any excess. Dip into the vegan egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a deep skillet. Fry the breaded cutlets until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Place the cutlets on a cookie sheet, top with a few spoonfuls of the marinara sauce, and sprinkle with vegan mozzarella, to taste. Broil for about 5 minutes, or until the “cheese” is melted.
- Divide the cooked pasta between two plates and top each with half of the remaining marinara sauce, a cutlet, vegan Parmesan, and chopped parsley, if using. Serve immediately.