California-Style Heart of Palm Ceviche (Vegan)Print
- 1/4 cup lime juice, strained
- 1/4 cup orange juice, strained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. seeded and finely diced jalapeño
- 1 Tbsp. seeded and finely diced Fresno chili
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, thinly sliced
- 7 hearts of palm, sliced
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1/4 cup citrus segments, chopped
- 6 kumquats, sliced
- 4 Chioggia beets, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 sea-beans, sliced
- 1 sprig cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig parsley, coarsely chopped
- Small handful radish sprouts
- Edible flowers, for decoration
- 1 drizzle orange oil
- 1 drizzle lemon oil
- 1 small drizzle pine nut oil
- Mix the juices, olive oil, jalapeño, chili, and salt in a bowl. Add the hearts of palm.
- Marinate overnight for best results, or for at least 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, improvising with any available fresh seasonal ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Serve chilled.
Makes 5 servings