- 1 block extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/8 Tbsp. turmeric
- Pinch black salt
- Pinch black pepper (optional)
- Using a large melon baller, carefully remove 4 large scoops of tofu from the block to create the “eggs.” The scoops should be half spheres and look like a hardboiled egg cut in half.
- Using a small melon baller or spoon, remove a small scoop of tofu from the center of the flat side of each “egg,” creating a pocket.
- Place the small scoops of tofu in a bowl and mix with the turmeric, black salt, black pepper (if using), and mustard. Add additional tofu from the remaining block, turmeric, and mustard, if desired.
- Fill the pockets of the “eggs” with the turmeric mixture then cut each “egg” in half.
Makes 2 servings
PETA is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide websites with a means to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.