Strawberry Creamcake From ‘Lookbook Cookbook’Print
For the Crust:
- 3/4 cup dates
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted or softened
- Pinch sea salt
For the Filling:
- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin coconut oil, melted or softened
- 1/3 cup blonde coconut nectar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. natural vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. purified water
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
For the Garnish:
- 4–5 strawberries, stems removed and cut in half
- Fresh mint (optional)
- Add the dates, almond meal, and shredded coconut to your food processor and blend until the dates break down into small chunks.
- Add the coconut oil and salt and blend until a dough forms. You may need to scrape down the sides of your food processor on occasion with a rubber spatula.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor and place in the bottom of a 9-inch pie or casserole dish. Use your fingers to even out.
- Add the cashews to the processor and blend into a coarse powder.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut nectar, lemon juice, vanilla, and water and blend into a cream. Once again, you may need to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula.
- Add the strawberries and blend once more until there are no chunks left.
- Pour on top of the crust and use the spatula to even out.
- Put in the freezer for 2 hours to harden.
- Cut into slices and store in the freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve the slices of pie garnished with strawberries and mint, as desired.
Makes a 9-inch pie
Adapted from Lookbook Cookbook