1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. cinnamon
3 cans refrigerated biscuits
1/2 cup nondairy margarine, melted
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2-3 tsp. soy milk or liquid nondairy creamer
• Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Oil a 12-cup cupcake pan and set aside.
• Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a container with a lid. Cut each biscuit into four pieces. Place a few of the pieces at a time into the container with the sugar and cinnamon, put on the lid, and shake until the pieces are coated. When all the pieces have been coated, place in the cupcake pan, filling each cup to the top edge.
• Combine the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture with the margarine and spread a spoonful on each bun.
• Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from the oven, allow to cool for several minutes, then carefully remove from the pan and set on a plate.
• In a small bowl—or ideally, a liquid measuring cup with a spout—mix the confectioners’ sugar with the soy milk or nondairy creamer, adding just enough liquid to allow the mixture to pour. Drizzle a generous amount of the glaze over each bun. Serve immediately, allow to set for 10 minutes, or cover with plastic wrap and serve within a day.
Makes 12 buns