Spicy Thai-Style Red CurryPrint
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 stalks lemongrass, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 6 large carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup vegan red curry paste
- 12 oz. light non-Thai coconut milk
- 12 oz. non-Thai coconut cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 12-oz. bag frozen peas
- 1 lb. firm tofu, pressed and cut into cubes
- 12-15 fresh basil leaves, torn
- Sriracha sauce, to taste
- Rice noodles (optional)
- Steamed rice (optional)
- Warm the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat, then add the onion and cook until they become translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and cook for about a minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the bell peppers and carrots, cooking for about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the curry paste and cook for another minute.
- Add the coconut milk, coconut cream, and broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add the remaining ingredients. Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with steamed rice, rice noodles, or on its own as a soup.