1 lb. sliced spicy vegetarian sausage (Try Tofurky Kielbasa.)
2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 1/2 cups cooked collards, chopped and stems removed
1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
1 tsp. minced fresh basil
1/2 tsp. marjoram
1/2 tsp. oregano
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 14-oz. cans Italian-style chunky tomatoes, undrained
1 lb. farfalle pasta, cooked and drained
Grated vegan parmesan cheese to garnish
• Brown the “sausage” slices in a large deep pot until browned on each side. Remove from the pan and drain any fat.
• Add the oil to the same pot and heat over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for a few minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender (taking care not to burn the garlic).
• Return the “sausage” slices to the pan and add the collards, parsley, basil, marjoram, oregano, salt and pepper, and the tomatoes and juice.
• Cook, stirring as needed, for approximately 10 minutes.
• Add the pasta and toss well.
• Garnish with the vegan cheese before serving.
Makes 8 servings