This recipe comes from Veronica Bosgraaf.
Raw Pumpkin Pie
For the Crust:
2 cups almonds
1 cup dates, soaked 1 hour to soften
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
Splash water, if needed
For the Filling:
2 cups raw pumpkin, peeled and chopped
1–1 1/2 cups dates
1/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup cashews
1/2–1 tsp. cinnamon
1–2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cardamom
Dash sea salt
- Place the almonds in a food processor and process until mealy.
- Slowly add in the dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and water to form a doughy consistency.
- Pat into a glass pie plate so that the crust is at least 1/4-inch thick.
- Mix the pumpkin, dates, raisins, cashews, cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, nutmeg, cardamom, and sea salt together in a food processor. Moisten with a bit of water or orange juice, if needed.
- Scoop the mixture into the crust and chill for 2 hours before serving.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
For more mouthwatering vegan and gluten-free recipes and cooking tips, check out Veronica’s website at ThePureBar.com.