1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
6-8 cups water
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cup raw peeled peanuts
2 medium potatoes, cubed
Oregano, to taste
2 bay leaves (optional)
Chopped parsley for garnish
• Sauté the onions, carrots, celery, and garlic in the olive oil.
• Add the water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, blend the peanuts with 1/2 to 1 cup water in a blender until creamy. Slowly add to the soup, stirring gently.
• Add the cubed potatoes along with the oregano and bay leaves. Cook over low heat for at least 30 minutes, stirring often.*
• Top this creamy delight with chopped parsley and enjoy with your favorite bread!
*Note: Keep an eye on the saucepan: The soup will come to a boil and tends to overflow.