For the Salad:
1 1/2 cups green lentils
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 small yellow onion, finely diced
1 bay leaf
2 tsp. fresh mint, chopped
1 Tbsp. each fresh parsley, marjoram and oregano
1/2 cup finely diced roasted red peppers Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
7-8 endive leaves
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
Juice of one lemon
1/4 tsp. paprika
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
6 Tbsp. olive oil
- Rinse the lentils and cover with cold water. Add the garlic, onion and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, but firm. Drain. Let cool slightly. Remove the bay leaf and fold in the herbs and half of the peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Put the endive leaves in a small bowl and toss lightly with the lemon vinaigrette. Spread a spoonful of lentils into each edive leaf. Top with the remaining peppers.
- For the vinaigrette whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Drizzle olive oil on top.