1 Tbsp. vegan margarine
1 Tbsp. flour
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1/4 cup shredded vegan mozzarella
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. fresh jalapeño, minced
1 cup diced tomato
1 12-oz. package dry whole-wheat penne or rotini pasta
- Melt the margarine in a small sauce pan over low heat then add the flour and stir. Cook for 30 seconds then pour in the soy milk while whisking continuously.
- Add vegan mozzarella and stir until the cheese is melted and well combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, jalapeno and tomato, and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. If the sauce becomes too thick, add more soymilk.
- While your sauce is being prepared, cook the whole-wheat pasta according to package directions then drain.
- Pour the cooked pasta and the cream sauce into a large bowl and stir until just combined.
Makes 6 servings