Vegan Fried ‘Chicken’Print
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups unbleached white flour
- 4 Tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 lb. vegan chicken
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- Mix together the salt, onion powder, pepper, garlic powder, flour, and nutritional yeast in a deep bowl.
- In a separate bowl, dilute the mustard with 1/2 cup water.
- Add 1/3 cup of the flour mixture to the mustard mixture and stir. Add the baking powder to the dry flour mixture and mix.
- Dip chunks of the mock chicken into the mustard batter, then drop each chunk into the flour mixture and coat with the desired amount of “crust.”
- Fry the chunks in hot oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet or deep fryer until crispy and golden brown, turning as needed.
Makes 4 servings