2 cups unbleached flour
1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. margarine, cut into small pieces
1/3 cup cold water
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
• In a medium bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup of the sugar, the baking powder, and the salt.
• Using your fingers, blend the margarine into the flour mixture.
• Combine with the cold water until a dough forms.
• Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
• On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough and cut into 2 x 5-inch strips.
• Mix the remaining sugar and the cinnamon together. Sprinkle over the dough.
• Roll to form logs. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool before serving.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen