Thank you for your interest in using the “PETA Approved Vegan” logo. More than 1,000 companies worldwide—including H&M, Esprit, The Kooples, and Topshop—are already using it to highlight their vegan clothing, accessories, or home decor items.
A consumer survey on textiles and sustainability that sampled over 11,000 consumers worldwide revealed that people today—particularly millennials and Gen Z—are very aware of the ways in which the textile industry exploits and kills millions of animals and causes environmental destruction on a devastating scale. They are seeking transparency and want to identify vegan products at a glance while shopping. This logo helps them make socially conscious purchases that align with their values.
Types of companies that qualify for the PETA-Approved Vegan logo:
- Home furnishings
Note: If your company is seeking certification for cosmetics, personal-care products, or household-cleaning products, please apply to PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies program instead.
Companies have a lot of flexibility in applying the logo:
- It can be used on any vegan product (for example, a pair of shoes), even if it’s part of a collection that also includes nonvegan items.
- It can be used for a vegan collection.
- It can be used to certify an entire brand.
The logo use is flexible, but it is not transferable. It can only be used by the authorized company and not a third party.
Here are places where authorized companies can use the logo:
- On marketing materials and signage
- On product labels and hangtags
- On webpages where vegan items are listed
- On social media channels
Authorized companies have a lot of autonomy in deciding how to use the logo—but it can be used only to promote vegan items, of course.
Here’s how to apply to use the “PETA-Approved Vegan” logo:
- Complete the statement of assurance and questionnaire.
- Have your manufacturer(s) or supplier(s) complete a statement of assurance.
- PETA will review your statements of assurance and questionnaire (which make up your application) and contact you if we have any questions.
- If your application is accepted, PETA will direct you to pay the annual certification fee and execute a license agreement.
The annual certification fee is determined by your company’s estimated annual revenue:
|Annual Revenue||Annual Certification Fee|
|Up to $15,000||$250|
If the “PETA-Approved Vegan” logo sounds like a great fit for your brand, company representatives are encouraged to complete the statement of assurance and questionnaire and have the manufacturer/supplier statement of assurance a PETA staffer will contact you to discuss the next steps.
If your company is seeking certification for cosmetics or personal-care or household cleaning products, please apply to PETA’s Beauty Without Bunnies program.
Contact us about the “PETA-Approved Vegan” logo: [email protected].