If you’ve been vegan for more than five minutes, you’ve probably already learned how to order a vegan drink at Starbucks. But did you know that the coffee chain also offers an array of vegan foods—from snacks to heartier, protein-filled bowls? As consumers, we have the opportunity to drive real change for animals every time we make a purchase. Showing your compassionate side can be as easy as choosing a vegan snack or drink instead of one that’s packed with the cholesterol and cruelty that go hand in hand with using animals for food.
Starbucks makes doing just that easier than ever with its rewards program. Loyalty program members earn two stars for every dollar that they spend at the chain, even on food items. By cashing in 25 stars, you can order a nondairy milk (like soy, almond, or coconut) in your favorite drink for no extra charge. PETA will continue to push Starbucks to eliminate its extra charge for nondairy milks entirely, so stay tuned!
At locations across the nation, choose any of these Starbucks vegan food items, and you’re good to go:
- Chickpea Bites & Avocado Protein Box© Starbucks
- Charles Chocolates’ Caramelized Crisped Rice Bar
- That’s it. Fruit Bars
- Dang Sriracha Spice Sticky-Rice Chips
- Lentils & Vegetable Protein Bowl With Brown Rice
- Avocado Spread
- Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
- Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
- Bissinger’s 75% Dark Chocolate + Sea Salt Mini Chocolates
- Dark Chocolate Bars
- Dried fruit
- Classic Oatmeal
- Hearty Blueberry Oatmeal
- Fruit Salad
- HIPPEAS Organic Chickpea Puffs
- Mixed nuts
- Overnight Grains
- Raw Granola Bars
- Roasted Almonds
- Emmy’s Organic Coconut Cookies (Both options, Coconut Vanilla and Dark Cacao, are vegan.)
- Sea salt potato chips
- Some Kind products (Check to make sure that they don’t contain honey.)
- Plain, Sprouted Grain, Cinnamon Raisin, and Blueberry bagels
Try the vegan Avocado Spread on your bagel for a savory breakfast, or ask your barista for a packet or two of agave syrup if you’ve got a sweet tooth.
And that’s not all! In select South Florida locations, you can find vegan Bunnie Cakes Passion Fruit Cupcakes.
Order Your FREE Vegan Starter Kit
As we’re sure you already know, Starbucks also carries tons of vegan drinks. From dairy-free coffee- and espresso-based beverages to teas, juices, and more—there’s something for everyone. Check out our How to Order Vegan Drinks at Starbucks guide:
Remember: You can always make conscientious choices that help animals when heading out to eat or grabbing groceries at the supermarket. To find great vegan products, tips, and recipes, be sure to check out all the resources available right here in PETA’s Living Section.