December 11, 2007
Dogs may not be tethered between 11 p.m. and 6 a.m., and unaltered dogs may not be tethered at all.
§ 91.021 FASTENING ANIMALS WITH ROPE OR CHAIN; CHOKER COLLAR.
(F) Tethering. It shall be unlawful:
(1) For any dog to be tethered between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(2) To tether any unsterilized dog for any period of time.
(3) To tether or confine a dog at a vacant structure or premises for any purpose when it is not monitored by an adult who is present at the property for the duration of such tethering or confinement.
(4) To tether a dog under six months of age.
(5) For more than three dogs to be tethered simultaneously at the same residence.
(6) To have contact between tethered dogs.
(7) For tethered dogs to be within three feet of another person’s property, public thoroughfare, and/or right-of-way.
(8) To tether a dog without access to adequate shelter at all times.
(G) Multiple tangling during tethering. If one or more dogs at a residence have required a response from Animal Control to untangle tethers more than two times in one year, it shall be a violation of this section.