October 2, 2017
No animal may be tethered unattended between the hours of 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. or during a heat or cold advisory or severe-weather warning.
2327.20 – Tethering animals
(A) No person shall allow an animal to be tethered outdoors:
(1) unattended between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
(2) in an environment that violates the provisions of section 2327.15 of the Columbus City Codes;
(3) in an environment that violates the provisions of section 2327.19 of the Columbus City Codes;
(4) if a heat or cold advisory or a severe weather warning has been issued by a local or state authority or the national weather service for the area in which the animal is kept or harbored.
(5) with a pinch, prong, or choke-type collar;
(6) with a tow chain, log chain, padlock chain, or any type of tether unsuitable for the animal’s size and weight.
(7) with a tether that is entangled or does not allow free movement of the animal for the full length of the tether
(8) in a manner that will allow it to reach within the property of another person, a public walkway, or a road;
(9) in a manner that could allow it to become entangled with a fence or other tethered animals;