Sec. 5-7. Prohibition of cruelty to animals.
(5) A fenced yard, an electric fence, or an enclosure, that is sufficient to prevent the animal from escaping; or
a. In lieu of the above enclosures requirement, a tether is permitted that meets the following requirements:
1. Animal is in visible and/or sound distance from owner.
2. Animal tethering shall not exceed a time period of 30 minutes between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. Tethering is not permitted between 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
3. Animal or if multiple animals are tied to a tether system that either swivels or running line or pulley system in a manner that prevents injury, strangulation, or entanglement.
4. The tether is not less than ten (10) feet long and not more than fifteen (15) feet long.
5. The tether does not weight more than one eight [sic] (1/8) of the dog’s total body weight.
6. Animal is older than 6 months of age.
7. Animal has clean drinking water, shade, and dry ground.
8. The animal is not sick or injured.