As long as people continue to buy animals from breeders, animals awaiting homes in shelters may never get the chance to go on romps at the park or enjoy overnight cuddle sessions.
If you or someone in your life is ready for the responsibility of welcoming an animal into the family, choose the only ethical way and adopt from an open-admission shelter. Buying animals from a breeder or pet store guarantees one thing: Animals in shelters lose a chance at finding their forever homes.
1. This beauty has the right idea:
2. This puppy would love to have a safe home:
3. Go ahead, make his day:
4. If he could, he’d beg you to #AdoptDontBuy:
— PETA (@peta) August 29, 2015
5. These puppies and kittens have a nice reminder for us all:
6. Dare your friends to look him in the eye and tell him that he’s not good enough:
— PETA (@peta) May 7, 2015
7. And ask them to help you save lives by pledging to adopt, not shop!
There are thousands of animals in shelters who are ready for loving, permanent homes, and they need your help. If you’re not looking for an animal companion, chances are that one of your friends is. Please make sure that they always adopt and never buy. Remember: